This 8 hour course is designed as an additional supplement for Drillers, Supervisors, or Consultants desiring a combination Drilling and Workover-Completion certification under the IADC WellSharp Standard. This is not a stand-a-lone course! It requires two individual WellSharp Assessment Exams and may not be attempted without prior successful completion of the WellSharp Driller Program.
The following additional topics will be covered:
- Introduction to Workover and Completions Operations
- Pressure Limitations
- Completion and Workover Fluids
- Well Completion and Workover Equipment
- Workover Well Control Practices and Kill Methods
- Complications to include:
- Trapped Pressure
- Mechanically degraded equipment
- Accuracy of records
- Hydrates, Asphaltenes, Paraffins, and Scale
Hands-on simulator practice will be provided covering the Bullheading and Reverse Circulating Kill Procedures.